Thursday, October 22, 2009

How to Own YouTube.

I love the internet, possibly more than I love my little brother.

Don’t judge me!

The internet can entertain me for hours and it never ever calls me “Ekers”. It also holds vast amounts of information, my brother- not so much. (Sorry Joey!!!) Anyway, to own the internet you simply have to use it to your advantage.

DO NOT LET THE INTERNET OWN YOU!

For instance, I use many social networking sites. Take Facebook, it RULES MY LIFE. I am constantly updating my status and debating whether or not to “friend” the kid who sat next to me on the bus in the second grade. I check it between every class and at least twice in the last fifteen minutes before falling asleep. I’m always afraid I am going to miss something! (Very sad, I know.)

When I am not on Facebook I am normally on YouTube.
I love YouTube. For me, each video leads to another- and it’s a slippery slope! I have been known to spend hours on YouTube watching videos about my favorite bands, movie stars, and even (stupid) videos about biting babies and talking unicorns.

Today I watched about 20 clips from the musical The Light in the Piazza, which, no joke is now my absolute favorite musical. Being able to watch the performance as if I was in the audience is intoxicating and there is something satisfying about not having to worry about the lady with the big head in front of you when you are instead sitting comfortably in your bedroom. When I come across something I really like on YouTube I normally share it on Facebook so that my friends can see and they can comment if they would like to.

I posted this video today. Why? Simple, because it has been stuck in my head all day and I wanted to share. ENJOY!



Keep owning my friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment