Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tu vuò fà l'americano?




If you asked me that question a few months ago I would have said No!!!!

Why?

Because instead of being American I wanted to be Italian.

The Italian take on food, love, and life in gerneral just had my name written all over it.




Whether it was my trip to Italy in the summer of '08, my "cugini distanti" (distant cousins) contacting me on Facebook, or taking Italian as my foreign language here at St. Joe's I do not know.

I just know that for the longest time I tricked myself into one, thinking that I was more Italian than I am (I am only a quarter Italian) and two, thinking that as soon as college ends that I would run away to Italy, marry a charming Casanova of sorts, open a flower shop, and grow old eating pizza and nutella for the rest of my life.

Now I have a different outlook. I wanna stay local....

Yeah, I love traveling and I plan on doing a lot of that in my life but I think I want to become rooted here in America and accept who I am.

I recently admitted to myself that I want a job in either T.V. or Films. America is the epicenter of entertainment so it would probably be smart to stick around here.

My last Italian exam, probably, ever is tomorrow at 2pm and while I doubt it will be my last run in with the language I know this is probably the end of my love affair with the idea of leaving my American life behind.

Arrivederci Italiano Erica and Hello American Erica!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment